Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Diane Birch: Bible Belt

I was lucky enough to get picked to review Diane Birch's Bible Belt CD, which hit stores this week! I have to say a huge thank you the One 2 One Network for getting me involved in this great promotion.

I have to admit, that when I first started listening to the Bible Belt soundtrack, I was not sure what to expect, and the jazzy mix of blues and soul that belted out surprised me because 1: I had not realized it was a blues CD 2: I liked it! And I am not usually a blues fan.

If you like Nora Jones or Diana Krull, you'll probably like this album. It's bluesy yet modern enough to grab today's listener. And it quickly caught my attention. I gave it a couple of plays before deciding on what tracks I liked and which I didn't.

Blues isn't normally my genre of choice, but I was happy to receive this album to review. I really didn't know what to expect, as I'd never heard of Diane Birch before, but I was pleasantly surprised once I gave it a listen. The songs vary from uptempo and fun to slow and sensual, and I was rather surprised that I really ended up loving some of the slower, more soulful tracks. With the upbeat tracks intermixed with the slower ones, there is a nice range for every music lover out there.

The CD was available starting June 2 in music stores everywhere. Give it a chance; you will be glad you did. I know I am!



No comments: